Every day the bits and pieces in my kaleidoscope move around to create interest in my life. Sometimes what I see is so distorted I can’t make heads nor tails of it and at other times the pieces fall into place so beautifully I can’t believe it’s my life.
Every twist of the kaleidoscope brings something new and exciting.
Come along with me as I journey through the bits and pieces of my life’s kaleidoscope
I’m a Christian wife and mom. Married to hottie Scotty, my Mr. Right, and mom to 4 amazing kids (I know, I’m biased)- 2 boys (biologically) and 1 boy and 1 girl (by marriage). The kids are 13, 18, 19, and 22 and none of them live with us. The older two are on their own (so proud of them), the younger two live with their dad and visit us twice a week, every other weekend, and six weeks in the summer (is that too much information? I’m never quite sure). In all of that madness, I’m just trying to live, learn, love, and more than that, I’m always trying to find ways to make life simple, quiet and worth living now and in the future. That’s all true, it is, I promise.
I talk to myself (um yeah, I do that more often than I probably care to admit)
- love to write (that’s how this blog-baby was born),
- love to read (don’t really have a fave genre, just whatever looks interesting)
- love to teach (tutoring one on one is my favorite way to teach)
- love taking photos (just breaking into the photography world)
- love to sing (in the car, in a bar, while I clean, oh you know anywhere)
- love to laugh (nothing better than laughing so hard I have to cross my legs)
- love to dance (I just shake my groove thang like nobody’s watchin’)
- love to create lists (not grocery lists or to-do lists…ick…but a list of 50 things for my family to do together every summer)
- love just trying to be present in every moment (not always successful in that)
I’ve lived through a lot, fell down a lot, got back up a lot, struggled with my faith a lot, and overall have many times just gotten through life the best I could without losing my mind (there are those who would argue I’ve lost my mind more often than not).
This blog will be just me doing all of the things I love and sharing my passions, interests, and stories with you. Some will resonate with you others may not, but through it all, I pray that this blog will, in some way, be a blessing to you.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-53072640-2’, ‘auto’);