Ever been sitting around, okay working your hiney off, and thought to yourself, I really want something sweet?
walk run to the kitchen to discover you’ve nothing in the ol’ fridge or cupboards that even remotely resembles sweet.
Isn’t that the worst feeling in the world?
If you’re anything like me, you begin the hunt to satisfy whatever it is you’re craving
Only to discover every piece of food you chew and swallow leaves you wanting something more.
UGH! I can’t stand that.
My kids are as bad as I am when it comes to wanting something sweet.
One day, while
wasting time finding inspiration on Pinterest I discovered a little gem of a recipe
Thank goodness for the Reluctant Entertainer
She had the perfect solution to my sweet tooth, albeit having to wait for it.
Let me say before we get any farther into this….you’re going to have to plan ahead a bit for this sweet delight. Once it’s made you’ll have a lil somethin-somethin around for a week and it is WORTH THE WAIT! I promise
This will get that ol’ sweet tooth satisfied!!
Be sure to let me know what you think and then maybe swing by the Reluctant Entertainer’s site and let her know too!
Activity Number 28
HOMEMADE NO-CHURN VANILLA ICE CREAM
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: FREEZE 6 hours
TOTAL TIME: 6 hours 10 minutes
Freeze in the loaf pan, covered, for up to 1 week.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, and vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into condensed milk mixture; lightly mix together with a spatula
4. Pour into a loaf pan. Freeze until firm, for approximately 6 hours.