Today, I’m off to celebrate America’s Independence.
I’ll probably talk too much, walk too much, eat too much, say ‘oooo’ and ‘ahhh’ too much, and drink too much!
But hey, isn’t that what celebrating is all about?
Why is it that?
Why is it that when we celebrate, we feel the need to over indulge on everything?
It feels as if we need the holiday or celebration to give ourselves permission to over indulge.
It’s almost as if we deprive ourselves of good company, good food, food fun between holidays and so the holidays have become a vessel of too much!
Please don’t misunderstand, I love to have fun, talk, eat, and celebrate, but as I get older I realize I don’t have to over indulge on special occasions.
I can treat myself on a more regular basis to all the things I love.
I don’t have to wait for a holiday to give myself permission to celebrate.
I can celebrate every day!
- Love who I am right now and know I’m okay
- Laugh – A LOT
- Pamper myself – take long walks, buy something pretty, hot bath anyone?
- Spend time with family and friends- don’t wait for a holiday, do it now
- Find the blessings in each day, both big and small
- Give – time, love, attention, money, and more
You see, we should be celebrating EVERY DAY! Then when a holiday comes along we won’t feel the need for TOO MUCH of EVERYTHING.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!!!